Teren is a folk metal band from Kropyvnytskyi (Ukraine), which finally took off with their first official video “Ranok”. The band consists of former members of the famous band Kult, but has a completely different approach to creating music. The songs have always been based on Ukrainian folk tunes and heavy riffs. Even before it became mainstream. The idea for the video emerged more suddenly than most of the lyrics and melodies – a video of a recording in the studio, flavoured with landscapes and symbol images so that those who couldn’t grasp the text could grok what it is about. Before the first official release in June 2020, Teren tried a lot of vocalists and possible band names to finally combine all the components into a decent version.
• Guitar – Sergey Panchenko: Able to masterfully pronounce a terrifying phrase: “I got an idea”. Organizational processes are on his conscience too.
• Keys – Anna Apolyarova-Galchenko: The voice of conscience and common sense. The main melody maker.
• Drums – Roman Bilobrov: It is his playing that outshouts that same voice of conscience and reason.
• Bass guitar Denis Rudenko: In addition to playing the bass, roars into the microphone.
• Another guitar – Sergei Snegirev: Picks at solos better than any woman can pick at her husband. Can sing if he’s not ghosting.
• Alyona Eremina – vocals: Can do an octave higher, and an octave lower. And almost doesn’t panic
ABOUT THIS SONG
Do you know how a person feels standing over an abyss? Not when they can take a step forward, but when they realize that the fall is inevitable?
This song is about the tragedy of a person who becomes a monster against their will. Every time she looks in the mirror and sees that she turns into a monster. Her life will never be normal again, she will never be herself again. Everything that was dear, hated, or even what she was indifferent to – everything will disappear.
For a long time? Forever …
Everyone has their own monster. Someone is afraid of losing beauty, memory, wealth.
But perhaps the worst thing is to lose yourself.